Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Baby Turned Two!

Last weekend Ando Baby turned two years old!  We had a very fun party of just a few of our closest peeps -- The VerHages (Peter, Liz, and Eva) and Nini, Grandpa Dave, and Uncle Josh. 

We didn't want to have a huge shindig like we did last year, so there wasn't really a "theme" or a ton of decorations -- you may notice some of the balloons say "Happy Valentine's Day" -- but Anders had a wonderful time, which is what matters!

 The Three Muskateers
Isaac, Anders, Eva

The party was just the right size -- we all fit at our dining room table!
 We had chili, cornbread, corn on the cob, and veggies.  There was pasta with Parmesan cheese for the boys -- their favorite.  I know, gourmet. 
 We let Isaac shop for a present for Anders, and he picked out a Jesse (from Toy Story 2) figurine.  Anders loves it and Isaac was so proud of his gift!  I'm glad we thought to do that and I think we'll make it a tradition to let the boys get each other presents.  

 I made a simple but cute train cake out of meatloaf pans and cupcakes...but, alas, it fell on the floor before I took a picture.  We were able to salvage it and I told everyone I was happy we had only invited people who I could serve cake off the floor to!  :) 

 We got Ando a Little People parking garage...some assembly required.  Zach's Dad was happy to hand off that torch -- nothing like putting together a toy while the birthday boy waits.  Two year olds are not known for their patience.  

 And a party at our house wouldn't be a party if it didn't end with a bloody nose.  It was Anders's first, so Zach took pictures (nice, Daddy!).  We were having a super fun dance party, which had devolved into "pile on Daddy," and ended with Anders smacking his face on top of Isaac's head.  

The next day Nini and Grandpa Dave took me and the boys to their first ever live play.  We saw Little Red Riding Hood and it was fantastic.  The boys loved it!  I hope to take them to see Rapunzel this spring.  

I know I need to do a better "what the boys are up to these days" post...perhaps I'll make an effort at that this week.  But hey, you got your pictures (mom), so I hope that will tide you over a bit!

2 comments:

  1. The boys are getting SO big! I can't believe it!! I'm glad that the Bday celebration was a success despite the bloody nose. :) Lots of love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kate!

    Happy Birthday Anders.

    I love you soooo much,
    Grandma Pam

    ReplyDelete