Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cuteness of Late

Looking back, I now realize I should have investigated when I could hear Anders well after lights-out saying, "Uh! Uuuuuh!" in great effort. Maybe an hour later, he called to me, "Momma, can you put the covers on me!?" I entered his room, ready to oblige. As I gathered his blankies, though, I noticed something strange: Anders was not wearing jammies. In fact, Anders was not wearing anything. I could not suppress my laughter. No wonder he was cold.

Today at Starbucks, after we ordered Ando's milk and my black coffee, the barrista spoke to Thor in a funny, quacky voice. Anders smiled at me and exclaimed, "He sounds like Doo doo Duck!"

Isaac was blabbering on and on at Target this afternoon. His stream-of-consciousness led him to Santa: "...and then, when aaaall the kids are sleeping, Santa... Hey! Mom! Is Santa nocturnal?"

We started a poster listing things we're thankful for. On Day 1, Daddy was thankful for wrestling (see previous post), Isaac was thankful for water, Momma was thankful for good books, and, "Ando, what are you thankful for?" His answer? "Ando!" At least we don't have to worry about his self esteem.

As I type, the boys are playing near each other in the next room. They were quiet for a bit, and then Isaac said, "Anders, I love you." Anders said, "I love you, too." Isaac, not to be matched, said, "Anders, I love you SOOOOO much!" Anders replied, "I love you so much, too!" Isaac, getting frustrated because he wants to do everything the best and the MOST, retorted, "Anders! I love you more than anyone else in the world! I love you the best of all!" And Anders finally gave in. "Okay." 

1 comment: