Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In Which I Brag about How Smart My Kid Is and Recommend Something Awesome to You

We've gotten Isaac (and Anders) a bunch of CD's from this company called Magic Maestro Music, including Peter and the Wolf, Swan Lake, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Casey at the Bat (yeah, that one was not originally classic music...).  I love these CD's because I don't have to do anything, but the boys love them and get super smart just by listening to them.

Isaac can hum and recognize the themes of any character in Peter and the Wolf or The Sorcerer's Apprentice (which is much more impressive than the number of lyrics he knows by heart of Diego's theme song).  I honestly think listening to these CD's helps the boys appreciate all kinds of music more intelligently.  The narration is fitting for children, but not at all dumbed down, and they point out the various instruments and describe how the composer put the piece together, etc.

If I needed any other evidence that these CD's are awesome, Isaac said to me today, "Mom, did you know that the Broom's March (from The Sorcerer's Apprentice) is played by three bassoons, just like the Grandfather's theme (from Peter and the Wolf)?" 

3 comments:

  1. What about "Juanita, the Spanish Lobster"?! :D

    What a good idea. I wish they weren't so expensive, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT!! Oh my- Kate and Zach you are going to have a hard time keeping ahead of that one!!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate,

    Thanks for the kind words, and we're so glad that Isaac and Anders love our CDs! I saw that we had a few visits to our site from your blog, so thank you! I noticed that you have our old website linked up here - have you gotten a chance to see our new site yet? We also just started a Facebook Page where we host giveaways of our CDs, that you and your readers might be interested in.

    Ruth
    Social Media Coordinator
    Maestro Classics

    ReplyDelete