Something strange and new and wonderful has occurred the last two mornings in the Danielson household.
If you know me at all, you know that I am... not pleasant in the mornings. I wish I could say that I was able to leave all my personal flaws at the hospital with my placenta, but alas, they came home with me and my babies. I am still an awful, awful person in the morning. I cannot handle parenting when I first wake up. Zach and I used to get in huge fights about it until he realized that in order to save our marriage he would have to take on breakfast duty.
I've often painted the picture this way to help Z understand: opening my eyes to a little person at my bedside demanding breakfast or a piggyback ride or whatever, is what it would feel like if, when I was still teaching, I opened my eyes to a classroom full of students looking at me, pens poised above their notebooks, waiting for me to begin my lesson. It's my job to be their momma, I do it 12+ hours a day, and I'm on call all night. Just give me 10 minutes to not have to put their well being above my own grogginess.
You can imagine this week has been a growing experience for me considering Zach's gimpiness.
So anyway, after that confession, you will understand the magic that is this new development. Here it is: yesterday and today, the boys got themselves up (Anders climbed out of his crib and came upstairs - ha!) and played together for an hour and a half in Isaac's room before I got up. WHAT!? This is amazing. We are entering a new phase people, and I like it. I like it a lot.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
New Phase
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HA! Marc does breakfast duty here most mornings too;) But I totally hear ya on the luxury of "self occupation". Phin get's up about 540...we do not. He is 'trained' now to stay in his room. When Ava gets up she joins him and they play quietly until we get up around 7 (Chloe is a late sleeper). It's awesome! I hope it continues for you!!
ReplyDeleteMatthew wakes up with the sun. I am with you on the non-morning mommy issue. *finger pointing at myself*
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful when they start becoming more independent! Hooray for growth! The kids don't bother us in the morning unless they come in for a hugs and cuddles. I can totally handle that, and it makes my day :)