Thursday, July 10, 2008

To Tide You Over

I know you will be shocked to hear this, and you may not even believe me, but I had not taken a single picture of Isaac since we went to Minnesota over two weeks ago until today. I mostly chalk it up to an insane amount of reading in the first two weeks of my summer quarter (Uncle Tom's Cabin, The Awakening, Life in the Iron-Mills, Daisy Miller, and now Sister Carrie in two and a half weeks!)

To tide over those grandparents who are missing the little man, here are a few from our adventures today. Not the most spectacular shots, but they should at least quiet clamoring grandmas. playing pattycake
very busy
no qualms about wandering away from mama, especially when there are birds to be chased!
too busy to smile

A little update--Isaac says two words pretty well now: Baby and Ball. Baby usually refers to Kedzie, the cat. He also constantly says "Dewey." I'm not sure if he's referring to the educational philosopher or the librarians' decimal system, but either way, I think he's made a clear choice to go into the field of education.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! I admit, I was checking the blog with increasing frequency (read: hourly!!!), just hoping for pics of the handsomest baby EVER! I miss him and can't believe it's another 4 weeks until we see him again! Thanks for taking care of the clamoring grandmas, at least for today!

    K

    ReplyDelete