I got a job. And suddenly the next month is the most insane month of our lives.
In 5 days I'll finish my last class in my master's program. In 8 days we leave for Maine with my entire family. That vacation overlaps with the staff training for my new job, which I'll have to miss, and then when we get back I immediately start work for the first time in over two years. One week later we move. Oh, and somewhere amidst all of this I have to find quality childcare for my precious boys and hopefully enjoy a little of my last days as a stay-at-home-mom.
Someone hand me a paper bag. If I don't vomit in it, maybe it'll help me breathe through my nervous breakdown.
I want so badly to process all of my emotions about going back to work through writing and post them here for all the world to see, but suddenly I'm going to be working amongst students who are technologically savvy, unlike my former students, and who might "google" me and find this blog. So rather than writing, I'm sure I'll be verbally spilling my guts to any poor soul who innocently asks me how I'm doing. Beware.
What I will tell you is that I'm going to be teaching three world literature classes five days a week to sophomores at a prestigious all girls school, which couldn't really be more different than my previous experience. I'm thrilled and nervous and proud.
I'm thinking blogging is going to be taking a backseat to all these new transitions, but I hope to get back on the bandwagon once I settle into a routine. Until then, wish me luck!
Friday, August 7, 2009
HOLY CRAP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh boy does it sound bad to me. Maybe that's because I'm retired and lazy. God bless you honey. And good luck finding the right daycare.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! If I wasn't going back to work on Monday, I'd come out and help you. I know you'll make it all happen!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
ReplyDeleteGod never gives you more than you can handle - it will all work out! :)
Kate, How lucky your boys and your students are to have you!! I know you'll be thoughtful in your decisions, and I'm trusting in your good judgement to know when to ask for help. I'm not a believer that God never gives us more than we can handle, but I do think He walks along beside us and gives us talent, intellect, and the ability to take one day at a time and problem-solve. My favorite quote of late: " A pear seed grows into a pear tree, and a hazelnut seed grows into a hazelnut tree and a seed of God grows into God. God does not ask anything else of you but to let yourself go and let God be God in you." ----Meister Eckhart. I know He'll hold you in the palm of His hand, and I'll be keeping you in my heart. Much love, Debbie McFalone
ReplyDeleteWow that was awesome Debbie! Kate- I am so excited and happy for you! I know that this time is extremely overwhelming and busy for you! It will go by so fast- I have faith in you and your family that you will not only handle everything but do so with all of your family and friends behind you- praying for you. Love you, Sa
ReplyDeleteDon't leave us! Kate, I have enjoyed your blog for the last 2 and a half years more than you know. In the transition to moving to LA, I feel like I still get to hear about your life (more regularly than when we lived in Chi Town even). I totally understand that your students will google you and that just sucks for me, because like I said, I love hearing your updates and reading your well written posts. So glad to hear about the job and the house! Guess I'll just have to call to hear all about both! Love, Jen
ReplyDeleteKate - I'm so excited for you during this time of great change. In a couple months, so much will be different, yet even more wonderful. Selfishly, I'm just sad we won't get to chat as much in the next few weeks! Enjoy the ride :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Kate!! We are so excited for you guys and all of the changes that you have coming up. You will for sure have a full August and September but I am sure that once you settle into the house and job in a few months things will be wonderful, and I hope all that you dreamed they would be!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, love! Those girls are lucky to have you teaching them! And I'm glad the child care thing is working out...and hoping you have FUN in Maine (jealous, though I WAS just there!). Can't wait to see the new house!
ReplyDeleteWhew! This month will be crazy, but what a month!