Spike has strong opinions about my hair. In fact, he's named my various 'do's.
When I wear my hair down, I'm Momma. When I wear my hair in a pony tail, I'm Kate. This has been the case for probably about six months now.
Yesterday at Costco I was wearing my hair in a side bun. Isaac said to me, "Momma, turn your head so I can see if you're Kate." I turned my head to show him my hair. He said, "What are you now?" I told him, "I don't know. I guess you'll have to come up with a name for this hairdo." I'll let you know what he decides to call it.
One day I put a small braid in one section of my hair, which is something I hadn't done in a long time. Isaac spotted it when he was having a bit of a melt down. Through his tears, he gasped, "That's not Momma hair! What kind of hair is that? I don't want you to have that kind of hair!" I refused to change my hair to suit his mood, which was cause for a bit more drama. But geesh, so much of my life is already dictated by these boys, I'm not about to take out a silly little braid for them!
Saturday, August 28, 2010
"That's Not Momma Hair!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, this cracks me up! Gavin is beginning to do the same thing with my clothing. Today I walked into his room after changing into a white tank top and he said, "What is that shirt you have on? I don't like it." Who knew that boys were so particular about their Mama's looks?
ReplyDeleteI love all your stories, Kate - they make me smile and even laugh out loud sometimes! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious! I'm glad I found your blog again...
ReplyDelete