Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mr. Two Year Old

I had to take this picture of Anders, because when I saw him I thought, You are the quintessential two year old boy:  a knight helmet on his head (backwards), and blankie on his lap.

Putting Anders to bed at night is my absolute favorite time of day.  For one thing, it's the only time he'll sit still and let me snuggle him, but the best part about it is the singing.  He will lay back in the crook of my elbow, just like when he was a baby, and stare up into my eyes while he sings along with me.  He knows pretty much all the words and sings them a second or two slower than I do.  He's going to have a great voice and can already match pitch much of the time.  And to just really melt his momma's heart into a big soggy mess, he often reaches up and gently touches my cheeks, lips, and eyes. 

If you saw this kid wrestling with his brother or bouncing around in his backyard kiddy pool, or worse, screaming "NOOOO! I WANNA CLIMB IN MYSELF!!!!" when I make the mistake of putting him in his carseat, you'd never imagine him capable of such tenderness.  I come out of his room each night sighing and smiling and thanking God for such sweet moments.   Not only do they make the "terrible twos" worth it, they make me want to push a pause button and keep him just like this for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment