Thursday, April 17, 2008

Iguck and Mow

I am having way too much fun babysitting Miles.Miles is wearing Izey's jacket in the above picture. They wear the same size. Miles is 18 months old, Isaac is 11 1/2 months old. 18 to 24 month clothing is tight on Isaac's belly, but the sleeves are too long. On Miles, the same clothes are too short on his arms, but loose around the waist. Miles is a good sleeper. Isaac is a good eater (too good?).

Miles now calls Isaac "Iguck." I am "Dit," and Zach is "Gack." When he sees himself in the mirror, he says "Mow!" Last Thursday, when Zach was working from home and Iguck was sleeping, Miles was playing by himself in the living room saying, "Dit. Gack. Dit. Gack." Emily said when they turned down our street this morning, Miles kept saying, "Iguck! Iguck!" They are little buddies.


My favorite time of day is story time. The boys each perch on one side of my lap, Isaac taking up more than his fair share of space, and follow along until they realize that they're sitting next to each other. Then they usually start poking each other's eyes, giving each other hugs and kisses, or sharing Isaac's mimi.
The greatest part about having Miles around (apart from the fact that Isaac takes longer naps after playing so hard with a big boy) is when he and Isaac make each other laugh. It's fun to see the beginnings of a real friendship develop, and it's a whole new level of relationship that mom doesn't necessarily have to be a part of.

6 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you reading to the boys. So precious. Looks like you are pretty comfortable with two little ones! :)

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's comfortable, but not that comfortable, you know what I mean? Did you hear me, mom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who? Me? I have never said anything about adding more babies! (But, of course, we're not getting any younger, and you are going to want energetic babysitters, right?)

    Miles is adorable - let's just keep him!!! Mmmm . . . I guess his mom and dad might not like that. Lucky Isaac to have a buddy at such a young age!

    Granini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I recognize the book you're reading to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete