Hello World!
Last week I took a momma-haitus and went to Panama to help build a church. It was kind of... awesome! We saw God build relationships across language and cultural barriers, we got a taste of a couple different ways of life, we worked hard and got really dirty....AND I didn't have to wipe any one else's bottom for an entire week. OR prepare any one else's food--heck, I didn't even prepare my own food. Yeah, kind of awesome.
While I was gone, Zach emailed me little tidbits of life with the boys. My favorites were Isaac's prayers for me while I was gone. The first email said, "Izey prayed last night for momma to build a good church and that we love her a lot." Here's another one in Zach's words:
Isaac's been worried about "scary flashes" since the big storm on Monday night, but I keep assuring him that a) God is watching over him, b) Jesus is always with him, and c) he can call me when he sees a scary flash and we'll listen for the thunder together.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Prayers of a Child
So I suggested we pray for Eva tonight since she was just over.:
I: God thank you for Eva to not see any scary flashes... and to have a great day at our house... and to see a big flash and to call her daddy... named Peter.
(Later)
I: Is Jesus with me?
Z: Yep, he's always with you.
I: No he's not.
Z: Yep, he is. You just can't see him.
I: Is God taking away my pirate stickers?
Z: No, definitely not.
I: Is He just looking at them?
Z: Yeah, I bet he is.
I: Okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment