Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My home remedy for "sore finger" at bedtime

Spike is getting creative with the stall tactics at bedtime.  So I'm getting more creative with my responses.

Last week he called me in because he had a "sore finger."  Poor, poor baby. 

I tried giving it a kiss and convincing him it would feel better in the morning.  He wanted medicine, I said no....  It the minutes were creeping by and the tears of frustration were starting to come.  

In a moment of ingenuity, I told him to lay down and hold it straight up above him for as long as he could.  When he couldn't hold it up any longer, then it would feel better. 

He smiled and followed my instructions.  "Okay, Momma."  I left the room with him in the same position and never heard another word about the sore finger. 

A few days later, he had "sore legs."  I told him to lay down and keep his legs in the air...  Works every time, as long as I can keep a straight face.  

6 comments:

  1. All the ladies in my office are laughing at the mental picture of Isaac with his legs in the air :). Thanks for brightening our day, creative momma!

    Nini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Definitely have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He'll have some awesome abs soon!

    Aunt Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute genius. (Hugs to you! Tara)

    ReplyDelete