In the car today, we were listening to a song which repeated the line "I'm only gonna break your heart" about 50 times. Isaac said, in great distress, "Mom! That guy said 'I'm gonna break your heart'!"
I said, "Yeah..."
His big brown eyes were very concerned in the rearview mirror, "Why do you think he would do that!?"
Oh boy..."Well, people say that their heart is broken when they're sad. So when a boyfriend and girlfriend aren't together anymore, sometimes they say their hearts are broken."
He processed that for a few minutes. Then he said, "Mom, some day you're going to break Dad's heart."
!!!
"Oh no, honey. Daddy's not just my boyfriend, he's my husband. I'll never break his heart."
The things this kid thinks of!
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
I'm a Heart Breaker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh I could tell that kid some stories.
ReplyDeleteon this subject I mean
ReplyDelete