Monday, December 20, 2010

These Kids are a Hoot!

A few quotes from today...

This morning I did an aerobic exercise video while the boys alternately watched, participated, and commented.  Isaac asked me, "Momma, are you getting tired?" and I said, "Yes!" Then he added, "Those people [leading the exercises] aren't getting tired." Thanks for the encouragement, kid. 

Also during the video, Kathy Smith goes, "Okay, girls, let's go!" and Isaac walked up to the TV and informed her, "No, I'm a boy."  So Anders had to walk up to the TV too, point to himself, and say, "Boy."

At dinner Isaac kept saying "hen hole" and we had no idea what he was talking about.  Then he told us, "Bob the Builder says, 'Let's hen hole' when it's time to go home."  I said, "Are you sure he didn't say, 'Let's head home'?"  But Isaac insisted, "No, Momma, it's hen hole." I could not stop laughing.

As I type, Isaac is supposed to be sleeping.  It had been quiet for 10 minutes when we heard a very serious voice from upstairs say, "Dad, I need Jesus and his manger."  When Daddy didn't respond, he told me: "Momma, I need Jesus and his manger."  He wants to play with his Little People set, but he's supposed to be in bed!

Spike continues to ask questions about death and tell me on a regular basis that he doesn't want to die.  Today I read him a couple books before his "nap" time and then suggested that I lay down with him for a few minutes.  (I never do this, but I was really tired and thought I might get him to sleep that way -- It didn't work.)  As I lay there, he was whispering, barely audible.  I listened carefully and overhead a little prayer, "God, I don't want to die, so don't take me to live with you, okay?"

We had a great day of doing a great big nothing in between the craziness of the Danielson family Christmas here last week and the VanDusen family Christmas in Michigan this week.  Pictures of the holiday will abound, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment