Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Honey's Happy Birthday Weekend

Today my Honey turns 32.  Happy Birthday, Zach!

Last weekend I found a pretty sweet Playmobil Castle at our neighbor's garage sale for $20.  When I got it home, Zach was like a little kid! 

Zach: Oh, hey, check this out!  It has a secret door!
Me: Yeah, I saw that.
Zach: That is killer!
It has lots of pieces.  We had to look up a picture online to figure out what it was supposed to look like. 

While looking online, we found a newer version of it selling for $150!  And even crazier, someone was trying to sell the exact set on Amazon for $1500!  Apparently it's a collector's item.  Even if we wanted to, we wouldn't be able to sell this one because it has some missing and broken pieces.  

The boys had to take a break from playing with the castle to go to a baby shower. 

As soon as we got home, they were back at it!
I took a few pics when they finally got the big part put together, and I LOVE these shots.  I had to include all of them.  

"We did it!"  

Cheese

Notice how we can't keep Spike's shirt on him.  


Sunday we celebrated Zach's birthday because we have busy nights this week.  We went on a lunch date and to see Harry Potter.  Then we came home to have cake, ice cream, and open presents with the boys. 
Funny how this whole celebrating thing is more for the kids now.  Isaac blew out Zach's candles and Anders cried that we didn't sing "Happy Birthday" to him. 

He was placated by CHOCOLATE!

"Happy Birthday, Daddy!
We love you!"

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics of my 32 year old "boy" at play! Oh yeah, and the grandboys are pretty cute too! Pretty awesome toy purchase, momma - made ALL the boys happy! Hoping for some Wisconsin lake pics soon too since I'm positive you got better ones than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, jealous of your toys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! If I knew Zach like Playmobil I would have given you guys the huge bag I sent to the Salvation Army before we left.

    ReplyDelete