If you're my friend on the good ol' FB, you may have seen that last week Anders asked me, "Does God have a butt?"
Here's the full story:
I was tucking Ando in and said a prayer for him. Many times after I pray, he'll say, "Why did you say about Ando to God?" and I'll tell him, "I was talking to God about our day, telling him 'thank you' for all the good things he gives us, and asking him to help us."
That night he had more to say:
Thor: I'm scared.
Me: You don't have to be scared, honey, I'm right outside your door and God is always with you.
Thor: God is with me?
Me: Yup.
Thor [without pausing to breathe]: I want God to hold me Does God have a body Does God have a butt?
Me [suppressing laughter]: Well, God had a body when Jesus came.
Thor: oh.
Me: This is definitely going on Facebook.
A few days later we had the exact same conversation, but Thor's curiosity wasn't so easily satisfied. The questions continued. I could not make this stuff up if I tried; this is our conversation verbatim:
Thor: Does God have a body?
Me: Yes, when Jesus was on earth he had a body like ours.
Thor: Does God have knees?
Me: Yes.
Thor: Does God have a body?
Me: Yes.
Thor: Does God have a butt?
Me: Yes.
Thor: Does God have to change his pants?
Me: Um, yes.
Thor: Does God lay down like this? [lays his head down in the crib]
Me: Yes.
Thor: Does God cry?
Me: Um, yes?
Thor: Does God get scared?
Me: No?
Thor: Does God walk to the play lot?
Me: Um, he probably did when he was a little kid?
Not only is this whole dialogue totally hilarious to me, but I'm actually quite proud! I didn't even know a 2 year old could think these kind of thoughts, let alone verbalize them. My Ando Baby is quite a smarty pants, if I do say so myself.
Monday, August 1, 2011
Theology with a 2 Year Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment