Monday, November 5, 2007

5th Annual Halloween Party


This year's Halloween Party was quite a bit different than previous years. For starters, the festivities began at 6:00 so Isaac's friends could check each other's costumes out. When we invited kids, I think we forgot how small our condo is. It was so fun...and a little crazy...to have all the little tykes running around. There were NINE kids/babies here at one point, ranging in age from 2 months to 6 years!

I made a new friend at the party. Annikah, who is about 14 months old, decided that she loves me. Not sure why, but right away she wanted me to hold her. I was loving it! I keep telling Roxanne that Anni and Isaac could be siblings--they both have fuzzy dark blonde hair, dark gray eyes, and round Charlie Brown faces. Also, Anni is the only baby I know (of any age) who weighs more than Isaac!

The other difference about the party this year stems from Zach's recent obsession with poker. He set up a poker table in the storage room! It had the illegal-game-of-mobsters-in-the-back-room sort of feel, especially with Peter at the table in his Godfather costume.
Of course, the most obvious change was that my costume had to have a baby monitor clipped to it for most of the evening. It actually worked out perfectly--the cowardly lion was awake for about an hour and half of the party, then ate and went to sleep without a peep, despite the wrestling boys in the hallway.

As always, though, we had our costume contest. Zach and I won last year with our He-man and She-ra costumes, mostly because Zach was showing so much thigh. The runner up last year, who took home the trophy, was Jake (our manny) as Batman. Batman made a reappearance this year and brought along the villain Poison Ivy, who won this year's contest.

Here's a few pictures:

Isaac was getting into the character of the
Cowardly Lion

Jason, Roxanne, and Annikah
as
The Big Bad Wolf, Grandma, and Little Red Riding Hood

Joshua
as
A Stoplight

Josh and his friend from Florida, Hannah
as
Nurses
(which was not at all creative because Hannah is a nurse!)

The Winners!
Kat and Jake
as
Poison Ivy and Batman

Beth and Bogey Cha and children
as
Renaissance Family


Liz and Peter
(Isaac's Godparents)
as
Fairy Godmother and The Godfather
(I voted for them!)

5 comments:

  1. looks like a fun time at the danielson household, yet again! love isaac's costume and the family theme. :) i hear we may be carpooling to the blogger event on wednesday - it'll be fun to see you, kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry we had to miss it this year, but we would have rivaled you and zach, as we were thinking of a wizard of oz theme. then we realized we couldn't make it. :(

    though it's clear everyone put in great amounts of effort, i would have voted for liz & peter, too! hilarious.

    by the by . . . whatever happened to the pics from last year's shindig? i'd love a file of dave and me as calvin & hobbes, if you still have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just met you at that gadget meeting and I wanted to check your blog. Isaac is such a behave lil boy - so adorable too.

    Anyway, it was nice meeting you and I will be visiting often.

    All the costumes are awesome! Seems like everyone put a lot of thought in it - so fun! And hilarious!

    :-) mj aka sugarmama
    Check out our major giveaways at MomViews.net !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome party. I made $2 in poker...that's 3 weeks worth of ramen noodles!. That pic of Izey is sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time. Though I'm sorry we couldn't make it, I'm glad to not have embarassed myself at poker (again).

    Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete