Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More Zoo Pics


I posted last week about Spike and Eva's first trip to the zoo. I can't resist putting up a few more pics that Liz sent me and telling one more precious story:

Isaac loves his god sister Eva. In fact, this morning Granini was asking him, "Isaac, can you say 'Eva'?" and he smiled and replied, "Baby."

And last week after we left the VerHage household, Isaac was telling us all about his time with his favorite baby. It sounded like this: "Leeloo abshab laou laou Baby. Abshab basah Baby...."

So when we drove to the zoo together, we put Esaac and Iva next to each other in the back seat, and Isaac was thrilled to be able to see, talk to, and touch his beloved little god sister. In fact, he sweetly held her hand the entire drive there! Oh my goodness. too cute.

Here are a few more pics that Liz took (she has a much nicer camera!):



3 comments:

  1. On a completely random note, how do you feel the sling works for a toddler? Does Isaac still fit well and sit still in it? We're coming up on toddlerhood with our little girl and it's appearing that the sling may be on the way out as she is not thrilled with the containment (even near Mommy) anymore. Just thought I'd ask your opinion...sorry for the randomness!!! I love your blog and Isaac is such a cute kid. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sling is awesome for Izey. He is so heavy, every time I carry him for any length of time I strain my shoulder muscles. But the sling distributes his weight across my back and shoulder and is SO much easier. I don't use it often. Usually I wear it when I can't bring a stroller with me but can't let him run either. He sometimes gets antsy in it, but he's never in it super long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I absolutely love the picture of you and Isaac, it brought tears to my eyes. You are beautiful.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete