My Little Alarm Clock woke me up as he usually does, by hollaring from his crib. But today's insistant yells were actual words: "Pay-doh! Pay-doh! Pease? Pease? Pay-doh!" Apparently he was ready to sculpt at 7:00am! After I had changed his diaper and tiredly plopped him in his high chair for breakfast, he was raring to go. "Pay-doh! Color? Pease? Brea-fas? Tubby? Tubby? Pay-doh?" Ok, little man, we can do all those things today, just not before a little coffee.
Spike learning to talk is a lot of fun, but it means that now he's trying extra hard to communicate and can sometimes get super frustrated if he's not being understood or can't have what he wants. It leads to a lot of repetition and sometimes tears. Our ride home from church on Sunday was one example:
"Apple. Apple."
"You want an apple, buddy? Momma doesn't have any apples in the car. You can have an apple at home."
"Apple! Apple!"
"Yeah, an apple at home."
"Apple! Apple! Apple!"
"I hear ya, bud, you want an apple."
Now the whining really starts. "Apple! Apple! Apple!"
You get the idea.
Most of the time, it's great fun still. Here's a few new words from the last few days.
See Ya!
Mean He walks be Kedzie and says, "Tazie, mean."
Honey Yesterday I was calling him from his room, "Isaac! Bring me your shoes, honey!" to which he replied, "Isaac! Isaac! Honey! Shoes! Honey!" and continued to sit on the stairs playing with his shoes.
Sad He makes a sad face, makes a cry or a whimper sound, and then says, "Sad." If he sees another kid throwing a fit or crying, he looks very concerned and tells me, "Sad."
Happy sounds more like "hoppy," is accompanied by a big smile, and usually follows his "sad" act. He also makes a "surprised" face--mouth and eyes wide open--but doesn't know the word yet.
Bucka is a VanDusen word for gross. Now when Isaac gets his diaper changed he says, "Poop. Bucka." and then laughs.
Mess When it had been a few days since I had vaccuumed up the pine needles from under our Christmas tree, Isaac stood amongst them, put his hands out and exclaimed, "Mess!" I didn't even know he knew that word!
Sorry He says "sorry" when he hits someone...or when he gets hurt accidentally. One day I bonked his head on the ceiling of the car and he said, "Sorry." "You don't have to be sorry, buster!"
Time Out I haven't given Isaac a ton of time outs in his lifetime, maybe one or two per week, but sometimes he gets into Stinker Mode and does things he knows he's not supposed to in order to see what I'll do. The other day he kept pulling the water thing off of his humidifier after I had told him no, so I gave him a time out. Then later in the day he came and got me out of the kitchen to show me that he had done it again! I said, "No, Isaac!" and he yelled, "NO!" and ran to put himself in time out, declaring, "Time out!" on the way there! He did the same thing after getting caught taking ornaments off the Christmas tree!
Super Ever since he had his blankie tied around his neck at Grammy Pammy's house at Thanksgiving, he'll bring it to us and say, "Supa? Pease? On?" to let us know that he wants to be "Super Izey."
I can't wait to see what he comes up with throughout Christmas time!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Spike Speaks More!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think Kedzie is just misunderstood.
ReplyDelete