Monday, December 1, 2008

Pollyanna Perfect

Wow, I got a lot of love after my last post. It seems that there are lots of people who 1. love me, 2. love Isaac, 3. understand how I was feeling, and 4. appreciate honesty.

One of my Aunties who I saw over Thanksgiving hadn't read my last post and said something about how my blog makes it seems like I "love every minute" of spending every waking moment with Isaac. Ha! I told her to read my latest.

I had such a great time at my parents' house. I think I changed about two diapers in five days, slept in three out of five days, and had a couple of just-the-girls times of going out to eat and getting some Christmas shopping done.

It was heavenly to have people who love Isaac so much taking care of him with/instead of me. There is no replacing family for that kind of support. It's not like you have to pay them, or schedule them way far in advance, or even ask them to do it. They actually like helping. Every time we sat down to dinner together, everyone was trying to give Isaac parts of their food: "Would he like cole slaw?" "Does he want a french fry?" It was a refreshing change from having to share all of my food with him! I even got to shower and get ready each morning without having to worry about what he was getting into. Ahhh. I feel rejuvenated.

It was also so fun to watch Isaac with his grandma, grandpa, auntie, and cousin Nadia AND to watch them watching him. It really builds me up to see them loving him. They encouraged me a lot with "He's so sweet/funny/good/easy/smart" comments. I know I don't get to take all the credit for his fabulous personality, but it does make it all feel worthwhile, like whatever I'm doing, at least part of it must be right.

Today is my first day back from Thanksgiving break, and I'm feeling very different than I did my last time I was here all by my lonesome. I woke up this morning to our first real covering of snow and didn't even mind having to scrape my car off; I was just excited to get to show it to Isaac. He loved it, ate some, and kept saying "Snow!" or sometimes just "Sow!" I told Isaac we were going to Shonah's house and he kept running around saying, "Shonah! Shonah! Shonah!" Shonah offered to bring him home at 11:30 when she picked up her son from preschool, and since my morning's appointment took less than an hour, I was able to go pick up a new cell phone (I'm back in business! finally!) and have a relaxing morning. When Isaac got home, I was actually really excited to see him and didn't put him down for his nap early (like I may have done before break) because I couldn't wait for my alone time. He was being sweet and funny and when I finally did put him down, he stroked my cheeks and said, "Momma."

So while every day isn't Pollyanna Perfect, today I don't mind being Isaac's Momma. In fact, I'm kind of loving it.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a refreshing weekend and time for you to become Kate the great once again! :) I am so sorry it didn't work out to get together-Okemos....agh (story, another time)I love you and miss you!! Sa

    ReplyDelete