Monday, December 29, 2008

Woo Hoo! 1.2!

Yup, that's right! Thor's CVR was finally down to a 1.2 today! We have been assured again and again that this decrease would happen soon, so it was a big relief to see it come to reality today, especially after a nine day hiatus from ultrasounds!

Thor was looking fabulous as usual today. He looked so much bigger than last time I saw him; he's getting quite chubby, still has some nice big smackers, and Sarah pointed out a sweet tuft of hair on top of his head! He was doing "practice breathing" throughout the whole scan, and of course he was using my uterus as his own personal gymnasium, too--Go, Baby, Go!

The CCAM looked very different to me. It's been getting harder and harder to distinguish its edges and today even Sarah couldn't tell where it ended and where healthy lung tissue began. She called the doc in to make the distinction. The SUPER FABULOUS NEWS is that the CCAM is entirely contained within the right side of his chest, leaving his airway completely UNobstructed. That means a regular, vaginal delivery in his own timing and at Evanston Hospital is on the agenda, as well as easy breathing for everyone at birth! (By the way, Sarah and/or the docs may have known this for awhile, but I hadn't asked until today.)

I am thrilled that we get to do things naturally again. For some reason I kept being in on conversations about botched epidurals and nasty side effects of cesarians. Don't get me wrong, knowing what can go wrong is important, but I was not looking forward to the extra risk factors! Now all my plans and hopes for a good second delivery get a fair shake and I'm excited for my momela to get to come this time.

On to the less important stuff....

I fell asleep hard core in the waiting room today. There was only one or two other people in there, and it was so quiet and comfy and Isaac had been up since 5:30 this morning and I didn't have any coffee... it was inevitable.

I also had to wait at least 3 whole minutes in a full parking lot for this big fat guy to get in his car, organize his tray of take-out food, and pull out of the EXPECTANT MOTHERS ONLY parking spot. I was so close to getting out of my car, knocking on his window, and lifting up my shirt to show him my BABY bump (as opposed to his McDonalds bump). Grrrr.

A few people have asked--Thor's name is decided and we're sticking with the orignial order. When we tried to call him by his middle name, it felt like, "That's not his name!" Also, Isaac does NOT know his brother's name. We don't say it in front of him now that he's talking up a storm. So go ahead and try to get it out of him; you won't learn a thing.

Thanks for your prayers! They're working!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! That's Awesome Kate! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news! And I second Aunt Alli . . . God is good.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete