I actually started this post back in October and forgot about it. Here's some of the Izeyisms from way back then...
When the boys were sick a couple weeks ago, we went to the pharmacy at Target to get some cough syrup. Since the label says "not for children under 4," we asked the pharmacist what the correct dosage would be for a two and a half year old (who is literally the size of a 4 year old). Two days later, Isaac said to me, totally out of the blue, "Momma, did we ask the pharmacist how much medicine I can take?" Flabbergasted, I replied, "Yes, we did!"
When the boys were sick a couple weeks ago, we went to the pharmacy at Target to get some cough syrup. Since the label says "not for children under 4," we asked the pharmacist what the correct dosage would be for a two and a half year old (who is literally the size of a 4 year old). Two days later, Isaac said to me, totally out of the blue, "Momma, did we ask the pharmacist how much medicine I can take?" Flabbergasted, I replied, "Yes, we did!"
Isaac's current favorite song is Minnie the Moocher from the Blues Brothers sound track. There's a line in one of the verses that says, "She had a dream about the king of Sweden..." The other day I asked Isaac, "Did you have a dream?" to which he quickly replied, "about the king of Sweden!"
When I ask Isaac what a good big brother does, he tells me, "Goes to the toy box to get some toys and then brings toys to Baby Anders."
Instead of "I'll be right back," Isaac says, "Here right back." He says it all the time.
Whenever Isaac get some kind of food that he's particularly excited about, he says, "I'm so lucky!" or "I'm a lucky boy!"
He also always tells me, "Good job singing, Momma," after I sing a song. And if I start singing any song at all, he usually requests, "No! Sing Sweet Nightgale," which means the Sing Sweet Nightengale song from Cinderella.
For the longest time now, every time Isaac finds two cheerios stuck together , he's called it a drum.
The last couple of nights, after we say prayers with Isaac, he claps and says, "Yay! Good job saying prayers, guys! Thanks for saying prayers, guys!" and continues to clap until we leave the room.
And here's a few more recent Izeyisms:
When we ask Isaac "Can you please..." do something, he often replies, "Yup! I sure can!"
Isaac picks up little expressions from Kiersten (Beth the babysitter's 5 year old daughter). I had to crack up when Isaac asked for animal crackers and I said no. His response was a super whiney, "But Moooooooom!"
Isaac says his whole "Now I lay me" prayer on his own now, but his version goes: "Now I lamby, down to sweep, Prayer the Lord..."
On some words, Spike's L's still sound like W's. It's really cute to me that "slippers" sounds more like "swippers." One day, Izey said something about his doll sitting in his lap. I had a funny conversation with him about it:
Spike: He's sitting in my wap.
Me: your wap?
Spike: No! my wap.
Me: your wap?
Spike: No! my wap.
Me: your lap?
Spike: Yeah. my wap.
Isaac's favorite song lately is "Barbara Ann" by the Beach Boys, which he requests every time we're in the car. At home, he always wants to hear "that big song!" which is Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus." :) How he says "Hallelujah" is pretty cute, too-- "hawewuya."
Spike loves counting everything right now. One day Zach asked him how many legs he had. He looked down at his legs thoughtfully, then slapped his thighs and exclaimed passionately, "A couple!"
Whenever Isaac get some kind of food that he's particularly excited about, he says, "I'm so lucky!" or "I'm a lucky boy!"
He also always tells me, "Good job singing, Momma," after I sing a song. And if I start singing any song at all, he usually requests, "No! Sing Sweet Nightgale," which means the Sing Sweet Nightengale song from Cinderella.
For the longest time now, every time Isaac finds two cheerios stuck together , he's called it a drum.
The last couple of nights, after we say prayers with Isaac, he claps and says, "Yay! Good job saying prayers, guys! Thanks for saying prayers, guys!" and continues to clap until we leave the room.
And here's a few more recent Izeyisms:
When we ask Isaac "Can you please..." do something, he often replies, "Yup! I sure can!"
Isaac picks up little expressions from Kiersten (Beth the babysitter's 5 year old daughter). I had to crack up when Isaac asked for animal crackers and I said no. His response was a super whiney, "But Moooooooom!"
Isaac says his whole "Now I lay me" prayer on his own now, but his version goes: "Now I lamby, down to sweep, Prayer the Lord..."
On some words, Spike's L's still sound like W's. It's really cute to me that "slippers" sounds more like "swippers." One day, Izey said something about his doll sitting in his lap. I had a funny conversation with him about it:
Spike: He's sitting in my wap.
Me: your wap?
Spike: No! my wap.
Me: your wap?
Spike: No! my wap.
Me: your lap?
Spike: Yeah. my wap.
Isaac's favorite song lately is "Barbara Ann" by the Beach Boys, which he requests every time we're in the car. At home, he always wants to hear "that big song!" which is Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus." :) How he says "Hallelujah" is pretty cute, too-- "hawewuya."
Spike loves counting everything right now. One day Zach asked him how many legs he had. He looked down at his legs thoughtfully, then slapped his thighs and exclaimed passionately, "A couple!"
Sam still says "yittle" for "little" we don't correct him because we love it.
ReplyDeleteThese are awesome! Our neighbors include a list of funny things their kids say in their Christmas card. It's one of my favorite cards to receive each year :)
ReplyDeleteI love the "Thanks for saying prayers, guys!" TOO cute.