Usually when we say prayers at night and before dinner we ask Isaac if there's someone he'd like to pray for or offer a suggestion ourselves. Then Zach and I say a quick prayer followed by the "Now I lay me" or "God is great" prayers spoken together.
A couple times now, I've asked Isaac if he would like to pray. Today at dinner I said, "Isaac, let's say a special prayer for Eva since it's her birthday tomorrow. Would you like to pray?" He was willing and eager. This was his prayer:
"Dear Jesus, Thank you for Eva to have a great birthday party."
Then at bed time:
"Dear Jesus, Thank you for Eva to have a great party. Thank you for all the great presents."
It reminded me of a couple of months ago, when I asked Isaac if he wanted to pray for Anders before his surgery. Isaac prayed: "God, thank you for Anders to get better."
Apparently Isaac has such faith that he thanks God before he even makes his requests. Oh, that we all had the faith of a child.
Friday, March 19, 2010
The Faith of a Child
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment