Monday, May 19, 2008

A Few Favorite Moments

I keep meaning to post "My Favorite Moment from Today" but then forget, so here are a few from the last several days:

  • Isaac was riding in the grocery cart through a bumpy parking lot. As the cart started bouncing and vibrating, he stopped babbling and squirming, looked up at me, and got this silly little smile on his face. I think it felt funny on his little bum.
  • Zach was on duty much of the day yesterday, giving me a nice break from meal-preparing and diaper-changing. Because both of the boys have colds, they stayed home from church while I went alone. Because I have lots-o-homework, they wrestled in the living room while I read in the bedroom. During one break from the books, I came out to play, and Isaac attacked. He climbed up on my lap and proceeded to "kiss" my nose, eyes, forehead, chin, mouth, hair...you name it, it was slimed.
  • Friday I had a bad day and was feeling pretty lonely. I took Izey to the park where he played happily in the grass with a stick. When I saw a butterfly flutter by, I remembered that butterflies symbolized God's presence (or something like that) to Joan of Arc. Just as that thought crossed my mind, the butterfly landed on me. I smiled and thanked God. Then it landed on Isaac. God is good, and He knows my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment