...Lie.
I'm serious. People are so dang opinionated about my hair! I'm sorry, neighbor lady whose opinion doesn't matter to me, I don't care if you liked my blond hair better. Oh, college professor who has no business advising me about my appearance, you think it's too dark? Shoot, I was really hoping you in particular would love it!
And what is it with guys and blond hair? I would estimate that 95% of the women who have seen me have said that they love it--and most of them seem to be telling the truth. :) Of the guys who have seen me, though, there is only ONE who said he likes it--thank you, Josh, even though I don't believe you. All the men have either said something along the lines of, "Oh, that's OK..." like they're trying to make me feel better about making a huge mistake, or have said nothing at all. Perhaps some don't notice--silly boys--but most I think are holding their tongues because they were taught "When you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Well, I would like to amend that little lesson. I think you should lie.
Next time you see someone who has changed her appearance, tell her she looks fabulous!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen to that!! And Kate, I think your hair looks great! No lie. :-)
ReplyDeleteUm yea I think you look like a skank and I will say it out loud! I LOVES IT!!!!! Don't change it you are one HOT momma.
ReplyDeleteno credit, I totally told you I liked it on the phone the other day
ReplyDeleteAMEN, sister! And from one brunette to another - I LOVE IT!!!
ReplyDeleteKate- I DO think you look great! you can pull off any hair but I do love the dark hair!! And I agree boys should just learn to say something nice, if you do not think I look skinny or fab just shut it :)
ReplyDeleteOkay, so two things:
ReplyDelete#1 - Boys: Blonde and long, and after that they have little or no imagination when it comes to women's hair. And we can probably blame the media as much as genetics. Props to Dan for breaking out of the mold and seeing the value in variety.
#2 - Unsolicited Opinions: Common in both genders, unfortunately. These give the quick and witty in the world great opportunities for comebacks that put them in their place.
You are a gorgeous brunette who is also quick and witty - have at 'em, girl!
Karen
I don't care what boys say. Kate - you are one hot mama.
ReplyDeleteAnd I, for one, am glad to hear you say that you think boys should lie about such things....Isaac will be one good man (I'm sure his daddy has something to do with that too!)
Seriously, I could not agree with you more. I had a coworker who used to LOVE to tell me that "I liked your hair better yesterday" and seemed to think that I should be grateful for the belated, backhanded compliment. WHAT?! Your hair looks fab and if you like it, that's what counts!
ReplyDeleteIt's actually pretty uncommon for a guy to compliment the appearance of another man's wife unless they're pretty close friends, and even then it's usually when it's very impressive. Your hair looks lovely (from the pictures I've seen; I haven't seen you in person since the change), but really, don't expect to hear much from men.
ReplyDeleteYikes, what does it mean that my hubs would totally compliment you if he knew you?! Maybe it's just that he was an aloof bachelor type for so long. He's totally the type to compliment coworkers, friends, whomever. Love 'im for it, but apparently it's a rarity among men! :)
ReplyDeleteI will find all those people and beat them up for you! :) What happens when we are a natural brunette? LOVE YOUR Hair!!! Sa
ReplyDeleteYou'd be adorable even if you were bald...and that's no lie! Well, maybe it's a "little white lie," I don't want you going all Brittany on us and blaming me!! Seriously, I do like the color.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I showed Marissa and Lindsey your new hairdo picture and they really like it. Marissa was mad that you can go from light to dark and look good either way. It's always a huge boost to be complimented by teenagers!
ReplyDelete