Sunday, July 26, 2009

Can I Stay Here Forever?

Zach and I drove the boys to Minnesota Friday night, which was quite the adventure.  Anders was tired and apparently hungry and not happy about being in the car seat.  I squeezed between the carseats in the back and was singing songs to try to distract the boys from their misery.  


Anders was finally quieting down and I had been singing "Father I adore you, and I lay my life before you..." I had gone on to another song.  Isaac turned to me and sweetly asked, "Momma wanna hold you and sing the life song again?"  So I put my arm around him and sang "Father I adore you" again.  

Oh, it gets better.  

Then he turned to me, reached up, and started caressing my face and hair.  

And then I melted like a pad of butter on a warm plate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment