Friday, July 24, 2009

Lest you think he's perfect...

When my friend Andrea said Anders must be just a perfect, easy baby, I realized I hadn't written much about him.

It's been pretty dang busy around here lately. Between trips to see family, plays to read and papers to write for my class, big and little diapers to change, job applications to fill out and send in, and all that comes with buying a new house, blogging has taken a back seat. I'm actually ahead on my homework, errands, and job application stuff, so I finally have time to update y'all on my littlest man.

Anders's biggest milestones are learning to fall asleep on his own (once in awhile), rolling over a couple of times, and eating his first rice cereal. You can tell he's the second kid, 'cause Izey got individual posts for each of those occasions. He's also just generally getting more coordinated, interactive, and fun!Unfortunately, instead of sleeping for longer and longer stretches at night, he's waking up more and more. Ugh. He usually goes to bed later than Isaac and goes back to sleep after Isaac wakes him up in the morning. So his night sleep hours (which are interrupted SEVERAL times) are from about 9 to 9. I nurse Ando in bed in the morning and then keep him there instead of putting him back in his crib. If you know me at all, you know I am possibly the crabbiest person alive before I shower, eat breakfast, and drink some coffee, so It's nice to have easy mornings with Isaac while Anders sleeps in.

He generally takes two or three naps in the daytime, and the first one is almost always in his carseat/stroller while Isaac and I are on the go.

Spike and Thor are getting along splendidly these days. Isaac is always saying, "Baby Anders wanna smile at me?" and then making funny faces until Anders does. We also fly Anders around to "chase" Isaac, who thinks it's hysterical. Ando is a good sport about it. They'll sometimes just sit and crack up at each other for no other reason than it's fun to laugh.A lot of people ask for updates on his CCAM (the tumor in his lung--did you forget all about it? We often do!). There really isn't anything to tell. We'll get another chest x-ray when he's about 6 months old (he's almost 5 months now), and it'll probably be surgically removed next summer.

A few weeks ago I had a bit of a "mommy milestone" when I realized that I can barely remember what life was like without Anders. When I think of memories that happened before Ando was born, it seems like something is missing. He's certainly a joyful addition to our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment