Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What is going on at preschool!?

Today Isaac told me a story about preschool.  Apparently he got married.  Sorry to all his many girlfriends, including the cashiers at the produce store.  Spike is taken.

In his words, "Ajla wore a pretty dress and I wore a black thing [a jacket?] and we got married!  But then I didn't want to get married any more."

***A note from later the same day***
I found out that marrying Ajla yesterday was entirely Spike's idea.  Ajla was dressing up in some fancy costume and Isaac announced that she looked beautiful and he would have a wedding with her.  Funny because usually "doing a wedding" is what Isaac calls it when Zach and I kiss or hug.  He'll say, "Now do a wedding with me!"  I asked him tonight if he kissed Ajla.  Nope.  Whew, this boy's making me nervous already!
***Now back to the original post***

Also, I had asked him if he went potty at preschool, just to make sure he knew he could. Here's what he told me:

Spike:   Last day [his phrase for any day in the past] I went to the bathroom at preschool!
Me:    Oh, good.  Did you tell Ms. Katy that you had to go?
Spike:    No.
Me:    Did you tell Ms. Renee?
Spike:   No.  [smiling] I told everybody!
Me:    Oh!  And then who took you?
Spike:    Everybody took me!
Me:    Ms. Katy and Ms. Renee and all the kids?
Spike:    Yup!  And then I went in the potty and just then...BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!  A Fi Fie Fo Giant came stomping in to the bathroom and said, 'I HAVE TO GO POTTY TOO!' so I ran in the bathroom as fast as I could, and I locked the door behind me, and he didn't get me.
Me:    Whew.  That was a close one. 

Preschool is quite the dramatic place.

No comments:

Post a Comment