Saturday, June 23, 2007

Happy Anniversary

He looked at her. She looked at him. And everyone who saw them wanted to puke a little.

Zach and I have been making people puke for almost eight years now, and for five of those years we have been married. Last night we celebrated our fifth anniversary. It was a perfect evening.

I picked up Zach from work with Isaac in tow. We met Isaac's first official babysitters, Meghan Mosbo and Peter VerHage (their spouses were both out of town) at home. Isaac immediately fell fast asleep sprawled across Peter's chest. So Zach and I were able to get ready without interruption.

I was picking out earrings to wear for the evening when Zach suggested I wear something else and handed me a little box. "It's a little box!" I said. I opened it to find two sparkly diamonds smiling at me. He's so tricky; I had no idea. They are beautiful.

After extensive unnecessary instruction for Peter and Meghan, we headed to a fancy Italian restaurant called Vivo. It was the perfect 5th anniversary restaurant. The ambiance was cool and romantic, the food was amazing, and my parents surreptitiously found out what restaurant we'd be at and sent us a bottle of champagne. We talked about our wedding, our trip last summer, how great we are together, and, of course, Isaac.

Peter and Meghan were sure I'd call 6 times and that we'd only be out for 45 minutes. ONE phone call and THREE hours later, we came home to a slightly fussy baby. I was proud of us! Only when we got home did I realize how much I missed the little bugger.

After pumping what Zach called the "drunk milk" out of my system, we took turns attempting to rock our wide-awake-way-past-his-bedtime-as-usual baby back to sleep. When I finally laid Isaac down, I came back to our room to find candles lit and Zach fast asleep.

I woke him up.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! You two are a great match and the third is icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a card at the store with that quote that's at the beginning of your blog - totally almost bought it for you guys. :)

    Congratulations to you both- can't believe it's been 5 years already! Sounds like a perfect anniversary.

    love, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats on a wonderful evening...both for the two of you and for staying out late!! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Vivo. I used to go there all the time...it's such a great restaurant.
    So glad to hear you guys had a great night...congrats on your anniversary, and here's to many more years together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been catching up on your blog and this one caught my eye. Congrats! All of them have been so fun to read. So great to know what's going on from so far away! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete