This weekend, Carrie came to visit and we decided we needed a break from our neighborhood park. We drove 40 minutes west and went on a 3 hour hike through Indian Boundary Forest Preserve.
It was an adventure. On the left, Zach is fighting off giant spiders and their webs so that the rest of us can safely duck under the fallen tree. We went off the beaten path a few times, and when our trail dwindled, I pressed the troops on and we cut our own path. Zach and Carrie were skeptical, but not only did we eventually find our way home, but it's been 3 days and no one has broken out in poison ivy.
Our baby rode in the Baby Bjorn and in typical Isaac fashion, slept the entire time. To the right is one of his few awake moments-- when we sat down to eat our picnic lunch.
Monday, July 9, 2007
Adventures Out West (of the City)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a cutie-patootie! Already an adventurous boy. I wish I could just sleep while someone carried me all around! Hope to see all of you next month.
ReplyDeletelove, Andrea