Monday, July 9, 2007

Fireworks and Flaming Liberals



On the fourth, Zach and I joined some friends for a cookout and parade up in Evanston. I feel like we've suddenly joined a new club. It's called "people from church with kids." But no worries, single First Freers, it's not exclusive. Anyway, it was fun to watch the older babies and kids and realize that Isaac will be like them sooner than we know it. Actually, as far as size, he's getting pretty close already...haha.

One thing that made me crack up was a beautiful little four year old girl named Indigo. She was sitting in a just-her-size chair under the shade of a just-her-size umbrella watching the parade serenely. Charlotte, Nicole's adorable 13 month old, came over to Indigo and was disturbing her in a normal 13 month old manner--by exploring Indigo's face with her little hands. Indigo was obviously getting irritated and turned to Nicole and said in a very polite and high pitched tone, "Can you please move your baby, Nicole Foster?" Apparently she always calls Nicole by her full name. I was cracking up. Good for her for speaking up for herself!

The parade was great. Only in Evanston can you find a parade with all democratic candidates, gay and lesbian groups, pro-choice advocates, anti-war campaigners, and, oh yeah, boy scouts. It was definitely the most liberal fourth of July parade I've ever been to!

In the video below, you can see how much Isaac enjoyed the parade. The boy will sleep for hours with sirens and music blaring, but put him in his quiet crib and he lasts only 20 minutes.


5 comments:

  1. That is so hilarious!! Sorry I missed you guys when we were there. Baby Camp is doing better and they are starting to adjust! Love you three! :) Sa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaac inspired me to make a heavy metal lullaby CD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed that you joined the "baby brigade" at church. I'm trying very hard not to hold that against you. We'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the video. Soon those days of sleeping through ANYTHING will be over and you will look back at that video and laugh. Thanks for playing with us on the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin' cute!!! Looks like Isaac gets his sleeping habits from his mom! :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete