Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Grandpa's 70th Birthday at Murray Lake

I love this picture! Izey's wearing a sunsuit from Grandma Julie--one of my favorite outfits on him.

Here's the 70 year old with all the little kids--some are grand some are great-grand. Mango is holding Isaac because whenever she's near him, she must be holding him. Unfortunately you can't see much of his little face. Sam and Nadia (right) are all tired out from swimming like fish.

Zach played with our nephew Sam and cousin Ethan. I believe they were making broccoli soup with carrots.

This is the "before" shot. My mom, grandpa, and cousin Madison have been saying they were going to ski together all summer. Before they took off my mom told the boat driver, "Don't mess up my hair!"

We were all shocked when all three made it up on the first try! My mom didn't even have to mess up her hair! Unfortunately her landing wasn't graceful, so the her blonde spikey 'do was not maintained. Later Carrie asked her, "Mom, have you...looked in a mirror?" My mom laughed, "I'd rather be fun than beautiful." The quote of the weekend.

Yeah, he's 70.

I was supposed to be slaloming with Zach and my dad...as you can see, that didn't work out so well for me.

OK, this is just downright embarrassing. I am so out of shape and out of practice, I could NOT get up on one ski! It even took me two tries to get up on two skis and then drop one. Nadia laughed every time I fell, but then when I got back in the boat when I was done she said, "I knew you could do it!"

Once I was up, I loved it--Carrie said I was smiling the whole time--but I couldn't even make it around the lake one whole way. My hands started shaking 'cause it was so hard to hold on to the rope. This is from the girl who waved from the top of the pyramid on a waterski show team!

Isaac swingin' in his jammies.

Dan was home from Maine for a week and finally got to see his nephew again. Isaac has almost tripled in size since Dan last held him.

Nadia loves holding her baby cousin, but soon I think he'll be bigger than her!

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya about the skiing - but I don't have an excuse of recently having a baby! Actually this year I did successfully get up on 1 ski(a few attempts in) but BOY was I exhausted!
    It was so much easier to ski when I was 16 and in shape...where did the time go?!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murray nlake reminds me so much of my grandparents place on Lake Florida in Minnasota, (I know, what a name for a like in MN). The memmories these places make will be passed down generation and create so many warm feelings and wide smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I enjoy your blog very much. Ditto on Chris' comments, and High Five to your grandfather skiing on his birthday.

    David and I spent the weekend Up North and outside each day. Pam's quote came in handy when David mentioned something about my hair being flat. Thanks Pam!

    Mary Daniel

    ReplyDelete