Hey y'all. It's been awhile. Lots of things have kept me from blogging much lately. My 'rents moved back to Michigan (yay!). Spike and I went to visit them while Zach flew down to Florida to help his bro move up to Chi-town (yay!). Then Karen, Zach's mom, was in town and we all helped Joshy get settled. Then we had several birthday celebrations to attend--Zach's, Peter's, Liz's, Erin's... Plus I was getting close to the end of a big fat book (London by Edward Rutherford) and I just wanted to get the darn thing over with. It's done now, as is the season of moves and birthdays, and I feel like life is getting back to relative normalcy.
Now that I've explained myself a bit, I'm going to launch right in.
I AM CRABBY.
Let me describe my crabbiness. It's the kind of crabbiness that makes me feel like the skin on my face is hanging off my bones. It's the kind of crabbiness during which I really shouldn't be driving--people who make complete stops at stop signs elicit expletives from me. It's the kind of crabbiness that makes other people feel sorry for Zach. Poor, poor Zach.
I'm not quite sure why. It may have to do with the fact that Isaac keeps psyching me out as far as his night wakings are concerned. Just when I think he's going to start sleeping longer on a regular basis, he goes back to getting up at 1, and 4, and 6, and 7:30....
Man, I am tired! I have pumped enough bottles and Zach has agreed, this weekend I will get a full night of sleep. I hope. Right now I feel like it won't really make much difference in the long run. I'll let you know how Sunday morning feels.
But, I'll tell you, I could be angry at the whole world and everything in it and suddenly Isaac will flash me a big, cheesy, toothless, beautiful grin and I can't help but laugh. He (or maybe God) must know right when I need it the most, because that's usually when he really turns on the charm. He's becoming a little goof ball. I love it.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Where I've Been and Where I'm At
Spike's crooked grin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hang in there honey. There are setbacks where you lose sanity along the way, but you come out better than you went in. I am not a perfect mom, nor is JP a perfect baby, but our family is perfect for each other, even on days we are ALL crabby ;).
ReplyDeleteLove,
laura