Isaac is heavy. I haven't been grocery shopping with him much because, being willing as I am to pay for convenience, we've been ordering a lot of groceries from Peapod. But last week I decided that I needed to get out of the house and that Isaac would probably enjoy the sights and sounds of the store.
He's not quite steady enough to sit in the cart unassisted yet, so I wore him in the Baby Bjorn. We needed a lot of groceries, and my boy weighs at least 21 pounds, so my back was pretty sore by the end of our trip. While we were standing in line, I couldn't take it anymore, so I propped him up with two cases of Propel and a couple of blankets. He looked so funny amidst all the groceries, I just couldn't resist taking his picture. This very little, very old lady insisted on helping me unload my cart. I felt so bad! I was like, "Really, it's OK, I can do it." But she just kept on unloading.
Another little old lady came up to see Isaac while he was in the Bjorn. "Oh!" she said, "How old is she?" I thought to myself, "Did she just say 'she'?" and aloud I said, "He is five months." "Oh!" she exclaimed, "She's such a beautiful baby girl! She looks just like her momma!" I smiled politely and said, "Thank you." Isaac and I were cracking up as we walked away.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Adventures in Grocery Shopping
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats the blanket I bought him!
ReplyDeletethis pic is priceless!holla if you ever want a Trader Joes or Jewel partner :)
ReplyDelete