Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Details

Here's the post in which I attempt to answer all of your questions:

But first, family, we don't know if the baby is a girl yet! (I'm referring to the comments on my previous post.) And what if it's a boy!? You will all feel like jerks.

"Don't you want a girl?"
I will actually be really excited either way, which is a change from how I used to feel. Of course I would love a girl, mostly for the clothes. :) But there is something cool about the dynamic of having two boys--right Karen? Plus I think we've settled on a boy name (for now), and that makes me excited too. And no, I will not tell you our names this time.

"Are you going to find out?"
With our first pregnancy, Zach and I were big jerks. We found out at 20 weeks that Isaac was a boy--I think our ultrasound tech said something like, "Well, you wanted to know! There it is! He's just lettin' his flag fly!"--but we told everyone that we didn't know. I know, I know, we are "turkeys." (That's what Karen called us when she found out.) But we will not do that again. It was WAY too hard to keep a secret and we felt so bad for lying to everyone, especially Andrea. ;)

So this time we are going to find out whether it's a boy or girl and you'll all know when we know (starting with Andrea). But since you're finding out the sex, you don't get to know the names. Most of you already know the girl name, and if you do, don't tell! If you don't, go ahead and ask Jake--every time he mentions the girl name we picked, he gets it wrong.

"When are you due?"
I'm due February 23, which is two days after my mom's birthday and 5 days after mine. There are a ridiculous number of February birthdays in my extended family, so this baby will be part of one big party-month. It's kind of awesome, because what else is there to do in February?

"Which means you're....Hold on. I'm trying to do math in my head."
11 1/2 weeks. We actually thought I was three weeks further along than what I am, and so we starting telling everyone I was preggers when I was only actually 9 weeks along. Oops! Our inaccuracy had to do with the irregularity of my cycles after Isaac was born. That was why we got an early ultrasound--to find out my exact due date.

"So Isaac will be...?"
22 months when his little sibling is born. If you think I'm crazy, one of my friends (who is also secretly pregnant now! hee hee!) starting trying when her first was only 6 months old!

"How are you feeling?"
Shitty. No, actually I'm OK now because I'm on anti-nausea drugs--let's hear it for Zofran! But there are a whole slew of first trimester symptoms the gods are subjecting me to. I'm still debating just how revelatory I want this blog to be. Just where is that TMI line?

"Where you trying?"
Yeah...but we had only just gotten to the point where we were like, "OK, now might be decent timing." So we were surprised, but we are totally geeked now.

"Isn't your condo kinda small for two kids?"
Hey, people, I shared a room with my brother and sister until we were 6, 4, and 2! But we are putting our condo on the market (finally!) We meet with the realtor tomorrow!

Anything else you want to know?

3 comments:

  1. Look at me - all important an' stuff..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay okay so I will stop saying she's a girl :) less drama with two boys right?hmmm (love all the answers, Sa)

    ReplyDelete