Saturday, August 23, 2008

What I Love About Spike at 15 Months

self portrait
  • pinching his chubby arms and thighs
  • watching him play with his daddy
  • getting woken up by him aggressively hugging and snuggling me
  • the way he cries, "Mama!" if I walk by in the morning without coming to give him a kiss
  • when he takes out his mimi to tell us something
  • the way he can spot a ball or a picture of a ball from a mile away
  • the way he has to say "ball" when he sees a ball
  • his crazy hair and smiling face when he wakes up from a nap
  • the way he warms up to new people with a shy smile
  • the way he gets me to sing "I'm a Little Teapot" by clapping his hands
  • the way he tips over at the end of "I'm a Little Teapot"
  • how when you ask him if he's hungry, he'll throw his mimi down and run to his high chair
  • hearing him laugh when his daddy tickles him
  • the way his eyes scrunch up like mine when he smiles
  • kissing his chubby cheeks
  • running my fingers through his curls
  • the way the pats his baby dolls on the back when he carries them around
  • the way he makes a fishy noise for every animal we see, except for dogs, for whom he says "Foo! foo!"
  • how he waves at Kedzie every time he sees her
  • how when we ask him where his nose is, he sticks his fingers up in it as far as they'll go
  • the way he smiles at himself in the mirror
  • how he says "Yabbi Yabbi Yabbi" or "Dewbie Dewbie Dewbie" all day
  • the way he knows that he gets an apple when we go to the grocery store--and how he eats the entire thing, stem, core and all.
  • the way he cuddles with his blankie and is becoming so attached to it
  • how he takes out his mimi to say "Amay" after we say the "Now I lay me..." prayer
  • how he smiles and giggles when we put him down to sleep at night and then falls right to sleep without a peep
  • about 1,000 other things...

4 comments:

  1. Golly . . . when I click on the picture and see it larger than life, I just want to kiss the screen he looks so cute! I can almost feel his soft cheeks! Maybe that's the Mac, huh?? Probably wouldn't be as compelling on a PC?

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet, sweet baby with sweet mommy and daddy

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this list - and I love the kiddo, too! He is pretty amazing, I agree. :) love you! -liz

    ReplyDelete