Monday, April 20, 2009

A Nearly Perfect Day

This past Saturday we decided to take a little family outing to Lincoln Park Zoo, which, if you don't live in Chicago you may not know, is RIGHT downtown and FREE! (although parking cost $17...)

Here's Isaac shortly after we told him where we were going that day (and before we got him dressed):


It was a gorgeous day, not too hot or too cold, and there was plenty of animal action. Because it was so busy, I also got my fill of people watching and found a new pass-time: stroller watching. Very interesting...to me, anyway.

The polar bear was putting on such an amazing show, swimming all over the pool, and Isaac was completely fascinated. Heck, so was I!
"Polar bear, polar bear, what do you hear?"

Checkin' out the giraffes and ostriches

Watching the sea lion from the comfort of the stroller

The following video is dark, but the best part is the audio. It's a perfect example of Isaac's reaction to all the animals that day. He was looking at some monkeys during this one.



We saw everything but the reptile house and were all pooped after spending about three hours there. I loved seeing Isaac's fascination with everything and can't wait to take him back again!

3 comments:

  1. Chickens? Do they have those at the zoo?

    Love the pics, the wonder, and the enthusiasm!

    Hang in there through the next day or two of cold weather - 70s are on the way at week's end! Yay!!!!

    Granini

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna see the chickens too! Oh and Dan wants chalkiechips and uncle Mango don't like that. Oh we miss the little guy already. And baby Ando too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that an "I don't want to see it" in the first video. Or was it an "Izey want to see it," in regards to the video?

    Anyway, I always get excited when I see Kate and the Boys in my Google Reader. Thanks for posting whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete