I really wish I could get this stuff on film, but every time I haul the camera out lately, Isaac tries to come to the other side of the lens to see the pictures and videos I'm trying to take. Here's some of Spike's latest hilarity:
One afternoon I put Isaac down for a nap with no pants on, just a diaper. When he woke up, he had pooped and somehow ended up with a bit on his forehead. (yuck!) The first thing we heard over the monitor was, "I am stinky!" Zach and I went in to get him up and change his diaper and he would not stop saying, "I am stinky! I am stinky! I am stinky!" throughout the initial clean up and even through a subsequent bath!
On our way home from Michigan, Isaac noticed that the highway we were driving on passes under other roads. Any time he saw a bridge coming in front of us, he'd get all excited and say, "Here it comes! Hoooold on!" Then when we were through, he'd say, "Made it! Yay!"
When Zach gets home from work and Izey wants to play chase, he gets a mischevious grin on his face and says, "Izey better run?"
Lately Spike asks us 100 times a day, "Momma, are you tired? Daddy, are you tired?"
I think Spike might be sick today. Zach and I both have sore throats, too, so it wouldn't be surprising. He's been very clingy to me, saying, "Momma hold you? Momma no hold Baby Anders."
Usually when we ask Isaac to sing the ABCs he just says, "ABC, Next time won't you sing with me." On Friday he was sitting in his high chair singing away and I was just kind of half paying attention. Suddenly I realized that he was on "LMNOP" and he was still going strong. He went on to finish the WHOLE alphabet while I watched with mouth agape. I had no idea he knew anything past C!
Saturday morning we woke up to Isaac calling from his crib, "Momma, get out? Izey tryin' to 'scape." Sure enough, when I went in to get him, he was trying to "escape" from his crib and had one leg over the railing.
Spike has begun to learn bits and pieces of the "God is great" and "Now I lay me" prayers and says them with us. So sweet.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Silly Spike Sayings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that is awesome, Sam still has two X's and no S in his alphabet!
ReplyDeleteEven if you don't have it on video at least your writing it down. I wish I had done that more.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!