Thursday, April 23, 2009

Last Ditch Effort

Cat lovers, where are you!?

We have been asking our neighbors, families, and friends to help us find a home for Kedzie to no avail. We have called all the no-kill shelters in the area--all full. Our next step, one that I dread to take, is to bring Kedzie to the Anti-Cruelty Society, which, ironically, feels very cruel!

The reason they are the only shelter with room is that they make room, in other words, they will most likely put Kedzie to "sleep" (I use quotes because my dad-in-law is an anesthesiologist [hey, I spelled that right on the first try!] and since he actually puts people to sleep, he hates the phrase we use to talk about killing our animals.)

Now, I know I haven't given Kedzie a very good name on our blog, but does she deserve to die? She would have such a better life if some kind, childless cat person would take her in. Anybody? Anybody!?

Seriously, folks, Zach is talking about taking Kedzie downtown (that's not a euphemism, the Anti-Cruelty Society really is downtown) TOMORROW. Please, please, please, if you know someone who could take her, give us a call, send an email, or leave a comment. She may be mean, but I don't want to kill my cat!

4 comments:

  1. We have a mean cat too, but no kids yet, so we deal with it! I can't imagine having to take my cat there. I hope you find someone! Can you put Kedzie on a waiting list at the no-kill shelter or something?! Good luck! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, No, No waiting lists! Kedzie's been on a "waiting list" of sorts all these weeks. And things at those shelters are unlikely to change in the near future what with people not being able to afford their animals. Focus on the past - Kedzie has had a good life with people who took good care of her in spite of her moods. You've been good pet owners, and now you're good parents!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAIT! I asked Linds if she had any zoo friends that would be interested. They like saving animals. I will let you know as soon as I hear.

    How much is it to send a cat to Korea? j/k

    ReplyDelete