Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Husband as Father


Every evening when Zach gets home from work, I make dinner while he and Spike play. It is usually much more wrestley, chasey play than what Spike gets from Momma during the day. I absolutely love hearing them both giggling away.

What I love so much about Zach as Daddy, though, is that he doesn't just do the fun, wild stuff with Isaac. He also does a bunch of care-taking stuff like feeding him breakfast every morning, giving him his bath every time, changing diapers as much as I do...all that stuff. And their play isn't always rambunctious. Zach shows him how to hug and kiss his baby dolls and build "tall towers" too. He's pretty much always the one to calm him down with story time at night and is the last one to lay him in his crib with a quiet, "I love you, Buddy. Sleep good."

The other day Isaac and I were watching old home videos of when he was first born and I was reminded of how sweet Zach looked with a newborn in his arms. I feel so blessed to have a strong, gentle, and tender husband to parent with. It can take awhile at first to get into the groove of parenting together, but having Zach as a partner certainly made that process easier!

I love you, honey!

3 comments:

  1. What a great laugh!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute, I love to hear Isaac laugh. Zach you do a really great ape impression:)

    ReplyDelete