My mom's midlife crisis took the form of a very small, very adorable, very ridiculous dog named Fern. She's named after one of my mom's patients in Florida who is 101 and loves to give kisses. She rides around in a car seat and my mom's purse...for real.
Last weekend when my parents came down, they brought Fernie with them, promising that she wouldn't poop or pee on our carpet. They held true to their word, so I think Zach began to get over his annoyance with me for forgetting to tell him that I said she could come.
Before Isaac was born, four years into our marriage, Zach told me that he never wanted to get a dog. I told him that if I had known that about him, I wouldn't have married him. I was kidding...kind of. Let me be clear, though, that when I say I want a dog someday, I'm thinking a big lovable guy who lets the kiddies pull on his ears and climb on his back, not someone I have to worry about stepping on.
Isaac pretty much adored Fern. She is literally half the size of our cat, so Isaac was thrilled that he could pick her up and carry her around. He also loved holding her leash and walking with her. 
Don't even think about leaving a "You need a dog" comment because we have no room for another being in this little condo. In fact, if anybody wants our cat, she's yours. As a disclaimer, watch the video below to the end. Don't worry, though, Isaac didn't have a scratch on him.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Izey Loves Fernie, Kedzie Hates Izey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hmmm... That must be the cat secret handshake. Spooky tries it with every dog that comes over :)
ReplyDeleteThis does not help me to like that kitty any more than she likes me!
ReplyDeleteGranini (growl, hiss!))
My favorite part is the noise you make - hilarious.
ReplyDeleteToo bad you didn't capture more and send it into america's funniest videos that would of been awsome!
ReplyDeletedid Isaac cry?
ReplyDelete