Monday, February 15, 2010

Eazy Cheezy


Let me start out this post totally differently than any of the other posts I've seen about yesterday's holiday:

I LOVE VALENTINE'S DAY!

Yes, I get that it is totally "commercialized" and that we should be expressing our love to each other all year long, yada, yada, yada. But, so what? A day set aside to go on a date, say corny things to each other, and schedule sex? Yes, please!

On Valentine's Day, I am easy (pun intended). Bring home some overpriced roses, take me out to dinner, get me a lovey card, and I am a happy wife. Call me a sap. Call me cheezy. Whatever, I totally got laid. (Um...hi Grandma!)

Zach and I had a great night. We had FREE babysitters, who did a great job and thought our boys were cute and hilarious. (Tangent: aren't the best babysitters the ones who can't wait to tell you stories about your kids when you get home?)

We went out for Indian food and we both agreed that we always forget just how much we LOVE it until we're sitting there going, "OHMYGOSH this is SOOOOO good! Don't let me eat anymore or I'll explode. Okay, maybe just a little bit..."

And then we went to see Valentine's Day. (Guess who picked the movie?) It was a great chick-flick with examples of all different kinds of love. There was one moment (when you see it, you'll know it) that made the whole audience gasp and then choke back tears in silence--including Zach. Good stuff.

On the way home we got ice cream from Baskin Robbins drive through. I had their mint chocolate chip, which is the BEST mint chocolate chip ice cream in the world!

I can't remember the last time we went out together for that many hours in a row. It's so easy as parents to just become partners in raising a family and keeping a house. I love date nights that make me feel like a couple in love and nothing more. I have no problem using a "made up" holiday as an excuse for a night like last night.


8 comments:

  1. You should write more posts like this.

    I can help with source material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are funny. Glad you had a good Valentine's Day . . . on all levels.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw Valentine's Day last night, too! I loved it and all the cheeziness that came with it :)
    Happy Loving Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that anonymous post was from your Momela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, not to seem like I didn't read the whole post, 'cause I did, but . . . BASKIN ROBBINS DRIVE-THRU?!?! Where is THAT? 'Cause I wanna go. NOW.

    (I am glad you had a great Valentine's Day. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. corner of western and howard--up by us northerners. :)

    ReplyDelete