Spike's up to no good again today.
I hesitate to tell these stories because part of me wants everyone to think my Izey is a perfect child and I am a perfect mom, but I read others' blogs and I talk to other moms and I know everyone has stories like this... Plus they make for good reading, don't they?
We had a lovely morning checking out a new gym and then building a cardboard house in the basement. We had a nice lunch of grilled cheese and applesauce followed by a peaceful story time and relatively little fuss about going down for a nap....
Then I brought the video monitor downstairs with me so I could check on my little angel child, but it wasn't working. No matter, I thought, all is quiet on the homefront. And it stayed quiet for an hour and a half.
Then it was Ando's turn to go down for a nap, and as I sat there nursing him, I thought I heard a thump upstairs. But no other sounds followed, so I told myself it must have been a car door outside. After putting Anders down, I checked Izey's room, just in case.
Walking up the stairs, I heard Isaac's voice. I wondered whether he had woken up early or had been awake the whole time. When I opened his door I got my answer.
The first thing I saw were all of his underwear from his drawer scattered across the room. Then I saw lotion smeared on every available surface. Then I saw him and I gasped. He had taken the top dresser drawer out (that must've been the thump) and was standing in it. And he had created his own little hairdo with the lotion as well. The first thing he said was, "I have a stinky diaper!" and as I dragged his butt to the bath tub, he kept repeating, "Now I'm Spike!"--referring to his hair. Surprisingly, he was still clothed.
I gave him a quick bath, not letting him see the small piece of me that thought this was hilarious, and I was not gentle as I combed out the copious amounts of lotion--"That's what happens when you put lotion in your hair!" Then I made him clean up everything he had emptied from his drawer while I wiped up lotion. He listed everywhere he had put it for me: "I put lotion on the dresser, and on that thing (the radiator), and in my hair. And, oh yeah, I put lotion on my chicken (a stuffed animal)."
He told me sorry for making such a big mess and kept telling me, "I love you, Momma," to try to make up for his indiscretions. Then I made him take a nap. He was NOT HAPPY about having to go to sleep after all that, but he is sleeping now. I think....
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Spike's Daily Silly Shenanigans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It does make for good reading, and all I can say is . . . oh my . . . oh my . . . ohhhh my!
ReplyDeleteNini
:) hee hee... love that kid.
ReplyDelete