Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shedd Aquarium

We had an amazing time at the aquarium this morning. Both Izey and Ando were well behaved and interested in every thing. We met up with a friend from church--Emily and her kiddos Miles and Eleanor. Miles and Isaac are good buddies from way back. I used to babysit Miles before Isaac was even a year old. Now Spike has outgrown his older friend!


The wee one was no longer content to sit in the stroller!
He wanted to get out and check things out too!
That's Miles's little sister, Eleanor.

It was a free day at the Shedd, which usually doesn't include the Oceanarium where the dolphins, whales, and penguins are, but by some crazy happenstance we got let in there for free too!
Watching Penguins...

Being Penguins!


Dressing up as penguins and climbing on the rocks was definitely Isaac's favorite part. When we got home, he was eating some yogurt in the dining room while I got myself some food in the kitchen. He came over to the doorway of the kitchen, leaned against the wall and said, "So Mom, the trip to the aquarium was really fun today. I dressed up like a baby penguin and then I cried because I wanted my real egg." That's a much better highlight than yesterday's: "I put a rock in the hole!"

1 comment: