Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Follow Up on my Crazy Baby

scrunchy face

We had another follow up appointment for Anders last week and he is recovering perfectly from surgery! He had another chest x-ray which showed that the fluid that had accumulated one week after surgery is now almost completely clear, and even better--his lungs are already growing to compensate for the empty space surgery left. Our bodies are so amazing and God is so good!

I realized the other day that I call Anders "Crazy Baby" more often than any other nickname right now--as in "What are you doing now, Crazy Baby!?" He is getting into so much trouble! His absolute favorite thing to do right now is climb the stairs. The second that gate is down, he is making a bee-line for the stairs. And if he gets there, he giggles as he climbs until someone swoops him up to put up the gate. Then he bucks and hollars 'cause he's so mad that you took him away from his favorite activity! He can go both up and down, but not without supervision, because tumbles are frequent.

He is also suddenly starting to climb, climb, climb everything else too! This baby is CRAZY! He climbs on top of boxes, the futon, his toy piano, his tiny table and chairs...and he tries to climb everything else. Our fairly well baby-proofed house is suddenly full of new dangers and he can't be left alone for a second.

Another exciting development is how much Thor is communicating lately. Yesterday he actually pointed to the Cheerios box, and then when I said, "Oh! You want Cheerios?" he nodded his head. So cute! He also repeated "Mama" and "ball" at least three times yesterday, but wouldn't perform again when daddy got home. I am just shocked that he's already saying words, but it's become undeniable that "Ba" sometimes really refers to a nearby ball and that he says, "Mama!" when he wants me.

Also, yesterday for the first time and then again today he's started using the sign for "all done." I never taught Isaac any signs and this is actually the only one I've been using with Ando, but it is stinkin' adorable when he does it.
lumberjack shirts!
(It is ridiculous how many pictures I took just to get this one. Neither boy would look at me, or smile, or even sit still!)
(oh, and like Izey's haircut?)

4 comments:

  1. Izey is giving a look that would suggest that a smoke monster is behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Uncle Joshy shirts - they'd fit right in at Lake Beauty, I think! We can't wait to see these two rascals!

    Nini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that is a weird look on Izey's face, but I'm digging the faux-hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's funny how certain nicknames kind of just come about and you realize you've been calling your kid that for awhile now. This happened to us and I call Thomas 'Mr. Pants' all the time. I have no idea why....it's even weirder that it's sometimes shortened to just 'Pants'. lol

    ReplyDelete