Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Officially Urban

Cute shoes, huh?

I mentioned in this post that Zach went well above budget for Christmas this year to buy me tickets to a play, dinner out, and a babysitter. Last weekend we left Izey Baby with his Uncle Joshy, got all dolled up (including these hot new shoes, which were also purchased outside of the budget...we're not very good at this), and enjoyed a fabulous night out.

The play, Hephaestus: A Greek Mythology Circus Tale, was at Lookingglass Theatre, which is on Michigan Avenue in the Water Tower, so we went to dinner at a little Italian restaurant right off the Mag Mile. I couldn't stop smiling, even in the freezing wind, as I clutched my honey's arm and we made our way through the tourists to get to our restaurant and play on time.

I kept thinking of times in college when a group of us would get dressed up and just walk around downtown, stopping at a coffee shop or peeking in the windows at Tiffany, Co. We'd see couples decked out in their furs and jewels and I'd try to blend in with those who seemed to actually belong there, rather than looking like just another tourist.

But as Zach and I made our way to dinner, I realized that we're definitely not tourists anymore. We had real dinner reservations and actual tickets to a play, proof that we're no longer pretending to belong in the city. We declared ourselves officially urban.

3 comments:

  1. Totally great look. And you could say this is a post brought to you by "O my word I'm an adult!" :) Proud of you for getting out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fierce footsies girl!! What a fun date! Hey, i gotta get my hooter pump back when ya think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Nice* shot of the legs, mama! And honestly, I think that's the first time I've seen patterned stockings and thought, "_Yes_ - this is a good thing." Entirely hot there, woman.

    p.s...where'd you get those babies? Mama just discovered she trashed every last remnant of 'hose in the move East - yikes.

    ReplyDelete