Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Prissy Baby? Not Mine!

My weather widget says it is currently 57 degrees in the Windy City! Isaac and I took full advantage by going for a run in Warren Park with nothing more than a sweatshirt to keep us warm. (I did, however, use the bubble because it is so windy. This made my run significantly more difficult because the bubble acted as a sail working mostly against me.) Yesterday our front yard was full of snow. Today I took Isaac out of the stroller and put him on the (brown, dead) grass!

It was interesting because even though I took Isaac outside a lot last summer and fall, of course he doesn't remember that far back. When I put him on the ground outside he put his hand down to test it out and then quickly picked it up and whined. What? Is my baby acting prissy? No, this will not do. I held him in my lap and showed him all the stuff on the ground--sticks, dry leaves, dead grass, broken peanut shells (a neighbor feeds the squirrels all winter). Soon he was crawling around picking up sticks and pulling up grass. I had to restrain him from exploring the muddy flower beds. When we came inside he had dirty fingers. That's my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment