My dad says I have too much time on my hands. Here are the songs that I've made up about/for my boy in his first 10 months of life. They are listed roughly in chronological order.
Isaac David Danielson
(written within the first few days of life)
Isaac David Danielson,
Did you come from heaven?
Cutest baby on the block,
Even when you're missing a sock.
The Breastmilk Song
(written within the first couple of weeks of Spike's life, referring to the trials and tribulations of both of us getting used to nursing)
Mama's gotta wash my face
Mama's gotta wash my hair
Mama's gotta wash my hands
There's breastmilk everywhere
We Don't Want No Poopy Diapers
(to the tune of "We Don't Need No Education" and sung in a low key and with a bad British accent...while changing a poopy diaper and hopefully head banging)
We don't want no poopy diapers
du nuh nuh, nuh nuh nuh nuh
du nuh nuh, nuh nuh nuh nuh
We don't want no stinky butts
du nuh nuh, nuh nuh nuh nuh
du nuh nuh, nuh nuh nuh nuh
(repeat)
Hey, Mamas! Change those poopy diapers!
One, two, three!
(this one is more of a cheer than a song)
One, two, three, as cute as can be
Four, five, six, with a bag full of tricks
Seven, eight, nine, I'm so glad that you're mine
When we get to ten, we do it again!
Superbaby
(everyone's favorite)
Super baby to the rescue!
He will come to save you
Super baby to the rescue!
Call on him when you don't know what to do
As he flies through the air
His cape flaps in the breeze
He's got fire in his stare
And fights bad guys off with ease
Super baby to the rescue!
He will come to save you
Super baby to the rescue!
Call on him when you don't know what to do
Learnin' 2 Krawl, a rap
(inspired by those few weeks when Spike was trying but failing to crawl forward)
Get up on your hands and knees,
G-Get up on your hands and knees,
Get up on your hands and knees,
And rock, oh, oh, and rock
Move your left knee, move your right
Try to crawl with all your might
You got booty, round and white
Shake it, shake it, day and night
Shake that diaper butt! (OH!)
Shake that diaper butt! (OH!)
Shake that diaper butt! (OH!)
Shake that diaper butt! (OH!)
Go Izey, Go Izey, Go Izey....
(repeat while clapping and dancing like a fool, much to the delight of your baby)
Green Peas
(My latest chart-topper, inspired by Spike's inordinate intake of peas)
Green peas, green peas,
They're my favorite food.
I love green peas,
No matter what my mood.
Green peas, green peas,
Round and rolly and bright.
I love green peas,
I'll have some for dinner tonight!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Spike's Songs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome. Even better would be video of you singing each one of these songs to a highly amused Izey.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Tracy! Bring on the video!! We want to see that Izey baby!
ReplyDeleteGranini
Can't wait for the video ;)
ReplyDeleteI can see Zach is the backround playing guitar hero...
ReplyDeleteWow, I only made up a couple of songs for Olaiya, and then adapted them for Naomi later, you're really ahead of the curve! I would also like to see a video. If possible, let's see the poopy diapers song.
ReplyDeleteI just sang the crawling song to my co workers.. I love it! I can see Izey dancing.
ReplyDeleteMom
I do not want the Video...I am looking for the CD and concert tour!
ReplyDeleteSarita
Great - now I've got "We don't want no poopy diapers" stuck in my head.... :) LOVE your momma music. -Liz
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'd say that's hyper cute and just a tiny bit out of control. ;)
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome and good for you admitting that you make up silly songs, you know all mom's do it, many just don't admit to it:) I will admit that I do it but
ReplyDeleteI will never reveal the lyrics!