Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Bright Side on a Rainy Day

Well, last night was a bust. A few contractions woke me up in the night, but it was clear that my body was, once again, faking me out. My mom took off early this morning to get back to work this afternoon, but my dad stuck around to work from here and play with Izey. It's been really relaxing and helpful to have family around to spoil Spike and keep me company.

This afternoon it's raining, thundering, and lighting, but I love it because it feels like true spring weather. I'm choosing to look at the bright side of things today, so here's a list of all the reasons that it's good that I'm still pregnant.

  • Izey gets a few more days (weeks?) of being our One and Only.
  • I get a few more things ready for Thor every day. One day I finished a blanket I was making for him, another day I washed a bunch of his clothes, etc.
  • My cold is going away, so maybe all three of Thor's immediate family will actually be cold-free when he finally arrives!
  • I think we can safely declare that Spike's recent sleeping issues (difficulty going to sleep, waking up at night again, and waking up wicked early in the morning) were part of a phase that has come to a close. Now we can deal with just ONE baby's sleeplessness when Thor is born.
  • I am learning a lot about depending on God, waiting for His timing, and patience.
  • We have a really good excuse to get out of anything we don't want to do.
  • We've gotten some good family time in with my sister, my mom, and my dad.
  • I can still go shopping with only one child in the carseat, stroller, and cart.
  • We can still fit other adults in our car with us. (Once we have two carseats, it will be quite a squeeze.)
  • We've had two showings on our condo that we wouldn't have been able to have otherwise.
  • The longer Thor takes, the more I want my contractions to hurt.
  • As long as I'm pregnant, other people--family, friends, strangers--are really nice to me, smiling at me, opening doors, cooking for me, helping around the house, etc.
  • Zach and I get a few more evenings to ourselves as a couple. (Isaac goes to bed at 7:30, but newborns don't!)
  • The longer this takes, the more likely I will be to stick to our original plan of this being my last pregnancy!
  • I have a great excuse to wear sweatpants and huge tee shirts any and everywhere.
  • According to yesterday's ultrasound and non-stress test, Thor is happy and healthy and well-cared for all tucked away in there.

2 comments:

  1. AND the rest of us get to still read more blog posts from you.
    Glad to hear yesterday's u/s went well. I was wondering how everything looked.

    p.s. I was going to give up blog reading for Lent (we all know how hard that would be for me!!) but decided that Thor's delivery trumped my Lenten sacrifice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you are keeping your chin up through all of this. The waiting game is TOUGH. You are proving to be a graceful champ through it all. :) Love to all FOUR of you!!

    ReplyDelete