I was sweetly awakened this morning by Zach whispering, "Say, 'Happy Birthday, Momma,'" followed by Isaac also whispering, "Birthday, Momma!" So cute. He even eventually got out a full, "Happy Birthday, Momma!"
They also had a stack of wrapped boxes and two cards, one from the hubs and one from the boy. Isaac was very excited about those: "Prezzies! Open it! Prezzies! Open it!" Isaac had gotten me a necklace that I pointed out in a store last week--such a thoughtful son, I know--and Zach got me some bright coral pink cute pajamas and a robe to wear in the early post-pregnancy days. I love having birthdays.
Tonight we're having some close friends over for a Sweatpants Party. I'm so excited. So is everyone else. When Zach was asking me what I wanted to do for my birthday, and I imagined trying to squeeze my huge belly into some nice clothes for a lovely dinner out (without even a margarita or glass of wine), it didn't sound at all fun. So my friends are commiserating with my current need for comfort and we're chilling here with pizza, pop, and a movie. I don't even have to wear shoes. Ahhh.
Zach also picked up my favorite--an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. This guy knows how to love me.
No signs that Thor will be a birthday baby, but you never know. We had what we hope is our last appointment today. More later on his estimated weight (!) and other fun details. I want to try to take a few pictures tonight of everyone in their sweatpants and of my huge belly--because its size is truly worth recording. Hopefully I can get some good ones and I'll post them for y'all to gawk at.
PS My little sister is on her way to Korea as I type! She'll be teaching little kids English there for the next year. Pray for safe travels for her! We love you, Carrie, and we will miss you!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
It's My Party and I'll Wear What I Want To!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Birthday!! I sooooo wish that I could be there! Have so much fun relaxing. :) Love ya!
ReplyDeleteA Sweatpants Party. You are possibly the most ingenious pregnant woman - nay, simply the most ingenious woman, pregnancy notwithstanding - that ever lived. I love it.
ReplyDeleteSo I wrote this long Happy Birthday message with the Pondagrosa birthday theme song and the work computer wouldn't send it out ahhh... So Happy Birthday Late now and thanks to Dan even later cause I told him to tell you when he called and when I called it was busy. Excuses Excuses Happy sweaty pants birfday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Kate!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Hope you had a great day. Can't wait for the pics.
ReplyDelete