Sunday, February 22, 2009

I = Pregnant

I keep sitting down to write a post, staring at a blank screen, and then walking away. All I can think to say is...

I'm ..... going ..... crazy.

I made the mistake of having a theory that Thor was going to be early. I had placed my bet on the 21st, yesterday, because Isaac was born two days after his due date, so maybe Thor would be two days early. Also the 21st is my Momela's birthday, so that would've been fun. There was also a snow storm, which really does cause Labor and Delivery units to be unusually busy. Then when our realtor called and wanted to show our condo at 2:00pm, I thought for sure I'd be in labor, just because it would complicate things.

So yesterday we got up and cleaned our condo like crazy, went on an errand at 2:00 during the showing, and then...twiddled our thumbs.

These Braxton Hicks contractions are literally driving me insane. Every time I have one, I analyze it thinking, "Is this harder than usual? Does it include back pain?" (That's how I knew I was in labor with Isaac--in addition to the Braxton Hicks, my back started hurting.)

Now I've gotten to the point where I started yelling at my uterus when it contracts: "Come on! Harder! Is that all you've got!?" It doesn't listen.

In the meantime, I feel like being pregnant is all consuming. Nobody talks to me about anything else, which is fine, because it's all I think about anyway. I don't want to do anything, anything except have this baby. I don't want to cook, clean, get groceries, go to church, or even take care of Isaac. Every morning that I wake up having NOT gone into labor the night before is disappointing.

For a few days I felt like, "this is going to happen any minute!" and it was exciting. Now I feel like, "this is never going to happen!"

I had Zach take my picture after church this morning, even though it's the last thing I wanted to do, because this just may be the last day I'm preggers (please, God!). Here's my face, plastered with a fake smile, and my belly, stretched around my nine pound boy.

Pray for me, people! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself if Zach goes back to work tomorrow and I'm still looking like this!


5 comments:

  1. Sorry you're going crazy with anticipation. I hope Thor gets his birth on soon. Even though I'm up to my eyeballs in homework, I'm thinking about you guys a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you look *good*.

    Seriously, you're carrying around what looks like a (heavy) kick ball like it's no sweat. I can't believe you're overdue.

    Hang in there, Mama! I'm lifting you up (praying that he come *out*)!

    Big wrap-around hugs,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy almost due date. I promise not to point out, on your due date, that you are, indeed, carrying a full term baby in your belly. :)
    You look great. Can't wait to hear when Thor gets his butt in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I have to say is, if I was carrying a 9-pound child, I would *not* look that graceful. Work it, girl! I'll be happy to entertain you by talking about anything other than your pregnancy...if you'll talk to me about anything other than starting a business and recipes! ;) Hang in there...hope the showing meant good things for your condo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prayed this morning and a few times at work. I was actually kind of hoping it would start at my place last night.

    I'm going to stop thinking any day now and think any hour now.

    Let's go Thor!

    you're a rock star Kate.

    ReplyDelete